As the world leader in skylights, we’ve stood behind our products for over 50 years with a promise of lasting service and quality. And we still do to this day with our VELUX 20/10/5 years limited product warranties for specific product coverage issues. As well as, a 10-year “No Leak” installation warranty on deck mounted skylights. This covers correct skylight and flashing installation (product and labor) against leaks.
If you have any questions about these warranties, want to read all the details or have concerns about your VELUX products that may require a warranty claim, download our warranty brochure (PDF)
or ask your 5-Star Skylight Specialist.
5-Star Skylight Specialist Warranty
The following information outlines the terms and conditions related to the Labor Warranty that is supplied by Solar Lighting of Virginia, Inc. At the time of your installation, you will be provided with a printed copy of this information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - WARRANTY
1. Installation. Solar Lighting of Virginia, Inc. (Solar) will install the specified product(s) in a workmanlike manner and in compliance with applicable law and regulations of the United States and local governments.
2. Scope. For the term of this warranty, Solar will provide any repairs as required due to deficiency in workmanship during the specified time period. This labor warranty does not include labor to replace any failed product(s) that is outside of the original manufacturers product warranty. This warranty is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions stipulated herein. This warranty is separate from any product warranty from the original product manufacturer.
3. Term of Warranty. The term of this warranty shall commence with the installation date and shall terminate as follows:
SunTunnel Tubular Skylights - 10 years from installation date
SunRise Solar Attic Fan - 10 years from installation date
VELUX Conventional Skylights and blinds – 5 years from installation date
VELUX Solar Hot Water Systems - 5 years from installation date
SolarGard Window Film - 5 years from installation date
LeafDefier Gutter Protection Systems - 5 years from installation date
4. Place of Service. Repairs will be performed at the place of installation.
5. Exclusions. The following conditions are excluded from service under this warranty:
A. Preventive maintenance that is defined as maintenance performed for the purpose of preventing a malfunction.
B. Repair of damage or malfunction of listed equipment resulting from Acts of God, abuse, accident, or other cause other than normal usage including but not limited to unauthorized repairs.
C. Repair of any work performed to installed products by others is not covered by this warranty. Repair of damage caused by others is not covered.
6. Limitation. THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE IN LIEU OF THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION IN THE FACE HEREOF.
7. Damages. This warranty excludes all indirect and consequential damages.
8. Assignment. This warranty shall not be assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other party. This warranty shall be binding and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto; their personal representative and any assignees which may have been permitted with written consent.
9. Notice. All notices and other communications hereunder shall be in writing to the parties at the locations noted herein.
10. Arbitration. Solar and Purchaser agree that any dispute resulting from the installation shall be submitted to binding arbitration and conducted according to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
11. Entire Agreement. This warranty represents and expresses the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with reference to the subject matter hereof. There is no other understanding, agreement, representation or warranty, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, in any way limiting, extending, defining or relating to the provisions hereof. This warranty may not be modified except by a duly executed writing on behalf of both parties hereto.