VELUX skylights helped transform my sunroom from a troublesome home-maintenance headache to a beautiful four-season escape. I know the skylights are properly flashed, so I won't need to worry about wood rot or leakage. Plus, my skylights include electric and solar-powered blinds, as well as manual and electric venting, allowing me to control daylight and air flow with a single remote. The sunroom had previously been too hot for summer use, now I can vent the skylights to create a cool breeze that makes summer use not only possible, but inviting.
Founded on a vision of daylight, fresh air and quality of life, for over 60 years, we have created energy-efficient daylighting solutions for commercial and residential clients across the globe. And today, we lead the industry in our commitment to developing and manufacturing architectural-grade products that provide and control daylight and fresh air. This, of course, is no coincidence. It is a result of our intense focus on offering the highest quality and most energy-efficient daylighting products on the market.
We’re as equally dedicated to upholding our tradition of quality and craftsmanship as we are to reducing the environmental impact of the manufacture, use and disposal of our products. Because our activities use some natural resources, this gives us a direct obligation towards the environment we rely on. So to do our part in helping take care of the world we all share, we’re committed to the following principles:
- We will design our products so that their environmental impact during manufacture, use and disposal is diminished.
- We will use raw materials, water and energy more efficiently in order to diminish our effect on the environment.
- We will reduce emissions and waste in all our activities.
- We will maintain high standards of safety at work for our employees and partners.
- We will cooperate with our suppliers, customers and business partners to achieve higher environmental standards at every step.
- We will seek out new ways to improve the environmental sustainability of our products and manufacturing methods.